Yay! my mom is here! and I am having a great time eating mummy ke haath ka khana! I am sharing my mom's recipes with you in a special series called "Mom's recipes". These are simple to make and delicious to taste!
3-4 big Carrots
2 cup Whole wheat flour
1 tblspn Besan
2 green chillies chopped
1/2 tsp red chilli pwd
1/2 tsp ajwain
1/2 tsp garam masala
Salt to taste
pinch of hing
corriander leaves chopped
1. Peel all the carrots, wash and grate.
2. Mix with all other ingredients and make a pliable dough. Use water only if needed.
3. Cover and keep aside for 10-15 minutes
4. Roll out into triangular paranthas (Swati has a great guide on how to make these here)
5. Cook on both sides with lots of ghee and enjoy!
These are great to make in bulk and carry with you for a picnic or outing. Make sure you cool them before you pack. We took these along when we went sightseeing and ate it rolled up with chunda (sweet mango pickle).
Here's another look at these healthy and delicious paranthas while they were being cooled.